The bison industry is showing promise in the Prairies, and now is your chance to get into the action!
The Ministry of Trade and Export Development is organizing a forum for Indigenous communities and individuals who have bison, are looking at expansion or are interested in getting into the bison business.
Join us to learn about the industry, bison production, feedstock and nutrition, sales and marketing, and industry associations.
The day will include:
- A tour of Sturgeon Lake First Nation’s bison operation
- A presentation from the Canadian Bison Association’s Executive Director, Terry Kremeniuk on the Canadian Bison Association, the benefits of becoming a member, and trends in the industry.
- A presentation from the Saskatchewan Bison Association’s President, Les Kroeger
- A presentation from Roger Provencher of Canadian Prairie Bison, a marketing group that focuses on value-added products, value-chain development, and sales and marketing
- Information on bison feedstock and nutrition from Murray Feist, Ministry of Agriculture